Some more progress on the Beach Collection. When all the components have been sewn on, the entire composition will be stretched onto a piece of board and framed in a shadowbox. I started using a fabric glue to position the pieces, when dry they get sewn on. Unfortunately I glued the whole thing onto the tablecloth by mistake!! Thankfully I was able to gently pull it off.
One of my succulents has been flowering...... a strange foetid smelling maroony-purpley, browny coloured flower. If you look carefully there's a fly sitting inside probably looking for the origin of the bad smell.
Sweet Lucy loves living here with all the open space.... although, she get scared when she sees the two resident wedge-tailed eagles soaring above and runs into the house to hide under the bed. We now also call her Lulu, which is an acronym for Large Unpredictable Licking Unit.
Some photos of the Linnaeus Coral Garden (a light fitting) in it's completed state. It's been a big job but an interesting challenge. A commission for a very posh private residence. I didn't anticipate how heavy it would be so there are some structural modifications to be made to the stand to stop it from wobbling.
It's 1.7mx 0.5m in area. It's wrapped around the lightshade with bits of seaweed hanging down below it. When all is done I'll post a picture of it in situ.
We've had rain. Yippee!!! The water tanks are almost full.