There are many different species of grasses, rushes and sedges around my place and I've been wanting to incorporate them into my work. I've learnt how to make string and I've been experimenting with many different plants, including Lomandra, Dianella, banana, Cordyline, Dracaena etc., etc..
I've also started experimenting with weaving.
This one is made from Lomandra hystrax. I picked the leaves, stripped them and immediately started weaving....... no drying or soaking.
There's so much to document, the bits of tinkerings are piling up and I've been neglecting taking photos and documenting them. This is a small start.